/

The Magistrate's Blog (2005-2012)

This blog has migrated to www.magistratesblog.blogspot.co.uk This blog is anonymous, and Bystander's views are his and his alone. Where his views differ from the letter of the law, he will enforce the letter of the law because that is what he has sworn to do. If you think that you can identify a particular case from one of the posts you are wrong. Enough facts are changed to preserve the truth of the tale but to disguise its exact source.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near London, United Kingdom

The blog is written by a retired JP, with over 30 years' experience on the Bench.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Professional

I called the police yesterday. An elderly gentleman whom I have been helping with his official paperwork had stopped answering his phone, so I dropped round to see him. There was mail in the letterbox, and no reply to the bell, so I decided to ring his local pub, where he was a daily fixture, to see if they had seen him. When they said that he hadn't been in for a few days I rang the non-999 number for my local police. The operator I spoke to was polite friendly and helpful, and told me, once I had given all the information that I had, that they would send an officer to check up on things.

I had a phone call about 45 minutes later from a very professional PC who told me that he had been to the flat, forced entry, and found the old chap dead in bed. He took a few more details from me, and said that I would be kept in touch with developments.

This was real bread-and-butter local policing, and it was done, in my opinion, about as well as it could have been done. Thanks to those involved.

http://parkingattendant.blogspot.com/http://www.crimeline.info/