/

The Magistrate's Blog (2005-2012)

This blog has migrated to www.magistratesblog.blogspot.co.uk This blog is anonymous, and Bystander's views are his and his alone. Where his views differ from the letter of the law, he will enforce the letter of the law because that is what he has sworn to do. If you think that you can identify a particular case from one of the posts you are wrong. Enough facts are changed to preserve the truth of the tale but to disguise its exact source.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near London, United Kingdom

The blog is written by a retired JP, with over 30 years' experience on the Bench.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Ave Atque Vale

Later:
The blog is back up and I have restored the sidebar link. AP has now had the pleasure of reading his own obituary, a privilege granted to few of us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry to see that the Anonymous Prosecutor's Blog has been taken down today. One can only surmise that he wasn't as anonymous as he thought he was. Shame; it was a good read and the prosecutors' point of view is a valuable contribution to our understanding of the criminal justice system. Perhaps someone will fish AP's posts out of the great cache in the sky - I'll be happy to put in a link if so. (Now done - ed)
When I first started this blog there was a deal of alarm among management, senior judiciary, and even the MA. I hope that I have dispelled any fears and that I have done some good and no harm, but I have never kidded myself that my anonymity was strong. Any second-term computer studies undergrad could track me down in no time, and with the Government's eavesdropping resources the authorities could probably find out what I had for breakfast if they wanted to. To save expense, I can say that I had porridge, kippers, and a cup of builders' tea.
When politicians blather about openness and transparency, and, yes, community involvement I immediately think of their Stalinist reaction to people in the system who try to shine a little light into their own dark corners.

http://parkingattendant.blogspot.com/http://www.crimeline.info/