/

The Magistrate's Blog (2005-2012)

This blog has migrated to www.magistratesblog.blogspot.co.uk This blog is anonymous, and Bystander's views are his and his alone. Where his views differ from the letter of the law, he will enforce the letter of the law because that is what he has sworn to do. If you think that you can identify a particular case from one of the posts you are wrong. Enough facts are changed to preserve the truth of the tale but to disguise its exact source.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near London, United Kingdom

The blog is written by a retired JP, with over 30 years' experience on the Bench.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Now As I Was Saying

During my recent abstention from bloggery I also abstained (mostly) from reading the papers. A copy of the Sunday Times caught my eye this morning, and there on the front page, was a headline indicating that a campaign is under way to pillory judges for 'over-lenient' sentencing. "Ho, Hum" thought I. "It looks like business as usual then."

Don't expect a lot for a day or two since there are nearly 200 comments and emails about the blog to read, as well as scores of others about court and other matters. It has taken me over an hour just to delete the obvious rubbish, so I shall make a start on the remainder tomorrow.

Anything been going on then?

http://parkingattendant.blogspot.com/http://www.crimeline.info/